Thursday, September 9, 2010

Skagen Get Together



With this past weekend, there was a Rotary Get Together in Skagen for district 1440 inbound exchange students. It was absolutely fantastic! I can't name one thing that didn't surpass satisfaction.


I am proud to say that it was in fact my counsellor's idea that made this awesome weekend happen, and it may be for that reason that I favoured this camp above all others. Though with bias put aside, us exchange students could not have asked for more. The weather, atmosphere, food, people (students and Rotarians alike) - absolutely everything was perfect!


We were given a tour of Skagen and the most popular sites that often bring many tourists every year. The 'wondering sand dunes', the 'sandy church', the art museum, the light house, the town and the toppen of Skagen where the Baltic and North Sea meet! We were presented with so much history, culture and truly fascinating facts - it wasn't like any usual boring school excursion.


We made new friends with the newbies (oh my gosh i'm an oldie!) and had a really chill weekend. I could describe everything in detail here, but I would much rather tell you in person! But just know that I loved it, and we all had a great time.


Jacqui & I

(This is for Matt, my oldie, who has inspired me more than any other to love life, and never waste what we have. I love you Matt!)


Katie and I at the Museum
(For once enjoying the view from above)

District 1440 on the Wondering Sand Dunes!

The Sandy Church
Align Center

Søren and Bente (and Donna!) - min mor og far. Jeg elkser jer!

At the top of the Lighthouse with the toppen in the distance




No comments:

Post a Comment