Monday, September 13, 2010

Day to Day Life: Attempting School

To say that I try my hardest to keep my blog totally updated would be a lie. I somehow got in it my head that I should only write about the most interesting of things, but when I look back at this a few years from now (even a few months!), I know I will still remember the amazing trip to London or Paris or Prague...;but will I remember my day to day life?

So here it is for you!

I have school five days a week. And I have to say, after going to school just four out of seven days in Australia, it is really hard to have just a two day weekend! I'll be honest, my attendance is not of a high standard (to say the least). But in my defence, I believe a lot of exchangers struggle to motivate themselves to wake at 6am for hours of a language they don't understand, and quite frankly - subjects that don't matter in the least. To make this a little more clear - I go to school to make friends, and then see those friends. I have graduated high school in Australia and will be returning to university as soon as I arrive back. Gymnasium by no means can contribute to any certificate of education I hold in Australia. I digress. Like any normal student, school and I have a love hate relationship. I struggle being inside all day when I feel I can be doing much more productive things outside e.g., sleeping. No no, jokes aside - when my Oldie Matt was here in Frederikshavn, we often used to go to the botanical gardens and see the deer (YES, DEER!) roaming around. I'd take photos almost everything! We'd go to town and watch people go buy, while really doing nothing ourselves. That is precisely the beauty of the relationship between exchangers. We are happy to do absolutely nothing at any given place, because we are thrilled to merely be there! It's not the same in asking one of your Danish friends to just 'go for a bike ride' around town. I'm not saying that you can't do that... it's just different.

I'm going to leave it at that for now, it's 2200 (yes I use 24 hour time now - crazy!) and I have been promising myself an early night all day. I WILL go to the first class tomorrow. I will, I will, I will! (If you haven't noticed i'm trying to convince myself to go to the first class tomorrow, though all my heart, mind and soul are telling me that it would be much more pleasurable to sleep and extra hour or two).

No comments:

Post a Comment