Monday, August 16, 2010

Europa Tur

Fiinnaalllyyyyyy


So, Euro Tour; I have been avoiding this blog as I simply don't know what to write or how to express how fantastic it was.

There were about 50 students on the bus that took us around Europe, and we came from the countries of Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Brazil, Portugal and Argentina. We went to so many cities and saw so many different things. It's strange how Europe is such a small place, yet so full of such different cities and cultures and people!


This was our itinerary...

Day 1: Denmark to Berlin

Day 2: Berlin

Day 3: Berlin to Prague, Czech Republic

Day 4: Prague, Czech Republic

Day 5: Czech Republic to Vienna, Austria

Day 6: Vienna, Austria

Day 7: Vienna to Lido di Jesolo, Italy.

Day 8: Lido di Jesolo, Italy

Day 9: Venice, Italy (day trip)

Day 10: Lido di Jesolo to Verona to Riviera of Italy

Day 11: Riviera of Italy to Monaco to Avignon

Day 12: Southern France

Day 13, 14, 15: Paris

Day 16: Paris to Brussels

Day 17: Brussels to Holland, Amsterdam. Stay in Arnhem.

Day 18: Arnhem to Denmark via Hamburg.


My favourite city was Paris, which was surprising considering I had such high expectations; I am amazed that they were met! The city is truly beautiful and the people are not obnoxious as far as I can tell! There are so many attractions to see and it is very easy to travel around. The food was very good and the atmosphere was just amazing. I can't express my love for it and I cannot wait to go back!


My second favourite city was Prague. Upon arriving in the city I was not impressed at all as it seemed very 'grungy' and dirty, every wall was covered in graffiti and it did not like a pleasantly safe place at all! To add to this, the politics in the Czech Republic are known to be extremely corrupt! However, we then travelled to the other side of the city where I had my breath taken away. It was so beautiful and old style with such charm!


My least favourite city was Berlin, but this is almost entirely due to the fact that my wallet got stolen! Bah, how awful. But what can you do? And also… Venice is over rated! Too damn expensive with too many people.


I also turned 18 in Prague (some time near the beginning of the trip). I had such a fantastic birthday which I honestly didn't expect to have without my Australian family and old friends. Everyone had such a good night and I felt very, very special!!! We just went to an Irish Bar where there was a real life Irish singer playing his guitar! Perfect. During the day of my birthday we also found the MOST PERFECT RESTAURANT EVER! I can't express how good the food was. I never knew salads could taste so amazing. But i'm rambling about food now…..


The routine with most of the cities was just for us to be dropped off in the morning, being free to roam and explore for the day, and then to meet with the bus again later that day. This was great because we also had the opportunity to follow our guide to certain places, but what we found was best, was for Henrik (the guide) to point out the best places on a map, so we were able to go at our own pace with desired friends.


I'll upload a separate blog with all the photos so I can describe them individually…

No comments:

Post a Comment