Monday, August 16, 2010

The Blue Van

I know i'm uploading two entirely different posts today, but I need to make up for the last two or three months. I am going to try and update every Monday and Friday - wish me luck!

So, this is basically just to say, I freaking met The Blue Van!!! I can't express this moment in my life, it has almost entirely made my year; I am speechless! But every time I tell a somebody about this phenomenal experience I had; they ask me who they are! Okay, fair enough, not every band is as famous as The Beatles... But I am willing to put a ridiculous amount of money on the fact that in maybe ten or twenty years time, they will be known world wide. On stage they have a sort of Sex Pistols image, but with more modern rock. I think that they're one of those bands that just become better as they get older (unlike Blink for instance, who die with age).

Although I want them to have their deserved fame (more so because I think they deserve the pay), to be honest I really hope that they're not played continuously on the radio. Maybe something like Oasis - everyone knows the songs, but your ears aren't bashed by them on the radio... You know what, scratch that - I want them to stay exactly the way they are so they can keep playing the same brilliant music, and continue to be the genuinely cool guys that we met!! Their words being "we didn't know we had fans in Australia".

In September they are playing another gig in Ålborg, I am so excited. I intend to lose my voice (again) - because I just can't help but sing (rather shout) along.


I also just wanted to mention that it was thanks to Gabbie's host dad that we got to meet them, so thank you so much Jens Ole, you've made my year!

One more thing (as this photo was from the same day), Rachael and Katie have been the most amazing friends while here in Denmark. Being 16 000 km from home isn't easy (and I am an emotional person to say the least), and these girls keep me smiling when I miss my mum too much!


No comments:

Post a Comment