Saturday, January 23, 2010

Preparing for the Trip

(this was meant for my website and is therefore out of date. made on January 11th)

Australia currently has a temperature of 30 degrees, Fredrikshavn however is “enjoying”
a cool average of -5 degrees. Firstly, I would appreciate reminders that we Australians are ‘tough’ and can handle anything... right? RIGHT?!

The issue at hand currently being faced is that of clothes. Here in Australia we stock acrylic, cotton, acrylic, acrylic............ I need wool! I need warmth! As much as we have tried to prepare here in Australia, I believe I will be needing to spend a great deal of money upon arriving in Denmark to gain as much warm clothing as possible.

It is proving difficult however to keep to the 20kg limit of luggage for my flight. Sending a box over by air freight has now found to be necessary, which adds yet ANOTHER expense ($300!). Be warned now; the coming year involves many complaints of a lack of money.

Not long now... I am so very excited!




No comments:

Post a Comment