Sunday, May 16, 2010

Long weekend

It's the final weeks of the school year here in Denmark and the days spent in class are slimming down. The last time I was at school was last Tuesday (due to a religious holiday on Thursday and Friday and my inability to wake up before mid-day on Wednesday). And this week, from Monday to Wednesday, my class is having årsprøve (exams) which I will not be participating in. Oh, it's a hard life!

I have FINALLY begun to receive Danish lessons however my teacher has decided that it is going to be fast tracked - thus I should accomplish what should be done in a few months, in a matter of three weeks. No complaints here, the more I learn the better - I want to understand/speak as much Danish possible ASAP!

This week I hope to make a boring one because I really do not want to spend even one krona as I am saving every penny for Euro Tour which I begin on Sunday! Ohhh myyyy Rowling!

Last Wednesday (after my friends had finished school and I my Danish lesson) Jannika, Kristine and I basically had a perfect sleep over. I love these girls so much. They are always doing things to make me happy, they truly define the word 'friend'. On Wednesday they gave me an early birthday present - a really beautiful sterling silver heart necklace. We had en meget hugelilig aften!

On Thursday I went with Nitzcsh, Kristina and Anders to an Eagle sanctuary (which I maintain was a prison!). I have never been so scared of a bird before - they were huge! They sometimes hunt deer - which are about twice their size! I didn't get very good photos as I was partly tissing at the fact that the birds were being subject for human entertainment, and also I truly didn't want to make too much movement - I really was the scared! They were of course "perfectly harmless" though.

eagle sanctuary man and eagle

After the Eagle show we decided to keep heading further north of Jylland. The church below is a major tourist attraction here in DK as it is said to have been buried by sand. Although Kristina and Nitzsch think other wise - Anders and I choose to believe this is a hoax and that there really is no other part to the building that is now under ground. Buuuttttt it's a silly debate that really isn't worth pro-longing my blog.


It was about a ten minute walk to the church, I used this time to sit on Anders shoulders and impersonate Kanye West/pretend to be a monster. Time well spent I think!


My favourite part of the day was going to the peninsula of Jylland, Denmark where the two seas (the North Sea and the Baltic Sea) meet. It is an incredible experience to literally see the seas crashing against each other. The best time to go is when it is stormy as the ocean is obviously rougher with more waves and thus more dramatic impact. Unfortunately my picture doesn't grasp how amazing it really is!

Kristina and I where the two seas meet!

On Friday I went with Amalie to the Sindal Markets and saw all the cutest little animals. Puppies, rabbits and horses were everywhere! It was adorable and made me miss my pets back home so much! They don't have markets every Sunday like we do back in sunny Queesland so it was sort of a special treat. It was a really pleasant day and I suppressed all urges to buy anything so I could save all my spending money for Europe!

cute little puppies!

Just a picture of how beautiful and green denmark is in Spring!

I made a special effort to keep ya'll up to date - I hope you appreciate it!
I'm missing everyone lots!

KNUS!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, you wrote about me! I love you girl, miss seeing you! I can't wait until school starts, because then I'll be hanging with you again! (That is, of course, if you can manage getting out of bed before 14.35!) ;)
    See you soon, and have a great trip to Spain - I wanna know all about it once you get back!
    Knus Kristine

    ReplyDelete